In this episode, repairing metal structures in high-traffic areas and restoration of exterior vehicle chromework.
An advice podcast about glues and adhesives. From the producers of Ask Mr. Biggs.
Episode 003 Show Notes
In this episode, Biggs and Roger:
- Discuss that the website, askmrbiggs.com is back.
- Agree that the email address for questions is email@example.com
- Test out the limits of decency since a podcast is not under the direct control of FCC regulations.
- Discuss an adhesive BREAKING NEWS story out of the Grove Community after a portion of Manchester Avenue was closed when a refuse truck hit an overhead sign.
– A refuse truck is also called a garbage truck.
– When it comes to traffic control, Biggs prefers a guy with a whistle and handwear while Roger prefers orange cones.
– You can’t have too many clamps. Store them in a leather pouch.
– Proper mixing results in a good crepe.
– Roger once worked as a crossing guard (for kids).
- Answer a listener’s email about removing sticky residue and reattaching a vehicle badge.
– Biggs prefers generic golf carts.
– A Corvair is a classic automobile.
– Store all important information in a contacts list.
– Proper placement of a vehicle badge is key during a re-attachment process.
Products featured in Episode 003 were:
– J-B Weld (J-B Weld is The Original Cold Weld two-part epoxy system that provides strong, lasting repairs to metal and multiple surfaces. Mixed at a ratio of 1:1, it forms a permanent bond and can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled after curing. At room temperature, J-B Weld sets in 4-6 hours to a dark grey color. A full cure is reached in 15-24 hours. J-B Weld has a tensile strength of 3,960 PSI and sets to a hard bond overnight. It can withstand temperatures up to 550-degrees F when fully cured.)
J-B Weld Amazon affiliate link:
J-B Weld 8265S Cold Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy with Hardener, 2 oz
– 3M Exterior Attachment Tape 38583 (3M Exterior Attachment Tape is ideal for permanently attaching side moldings and trim to your vehicles, adding long-term protection and value. Use the same elastic bonding technology employed for airplanes and skyscrapers to attach narrow body moldings, trim and emblems to your vehicle. This tape features an extremely strong adhesive, and it’s also easy to use – just pull of the liner and apply. 3M Exterior Attachment Tape is ideal for attaching exterior automotive body side moldings, wheel lip molding, door edge molding, badges, nameplates, emblems, LED lights and trim.)
3M Exterior Attachment Tape 38583 Amazon affiliate link:
3M (38583) 1/4″ x 15′ Exterior Attachment Tape
– Goo Gone (Goo Gone is an oil-based cleaner and solvent that safely removes gummy, grimey and gooey messes. Goo Gone is made with all natural ingredients, and will not harm most other commercial products such as carpet or plastic, or the environment. Specifically formulated with Citrus Power, Goo Gone’s portfolio of products effortlessly cleans up stains and sticky messes around your entire home.)
Goo Gone Amazon affiliate link:
Goo Gone – 2oz Bottle – Citrus Scented – Cuts Grease, Oil, Gum, Adhesive Residue (1)